Preschool Movement Teacher
Imagine a place where people wake up every morning excited to work with tomorrow’s leaders, committed to delivering excellence, knowing that what they do makes the world a better place.
That’s what we do and we need your help!
At Power Of Dance, we have been inspiring excellence through the art of dance since 2007. Our recreational and competitive dance programs encourage children to appreciate themselves and others- celebrating their similarities and differences- in order to build relationships. We teach life lessons through the art of dance so that our students can become great people inspired to make a positive impact on the world. We are looking to hire a superstar Preschool Instructor to join our team and help our dancers become the best versions of themselves.
At Power Of Dance, our staff passionately works together to create programs that encourage our dancers to reach for excellence in all they do. Our collaborative approach to teaching not only benefits the students but encourages continuous growth and learning by our entire team.
If this sounds like the place for you, please continue!
Our new Preschool Teacher will enhance the POD brand by teaming up with our families, staff, and community to create positive emotionally-engaging classrooms, challenging everyday activities, and inspirational lessons that teach the whole student – learning through play. Kids will leave class feeling good about themselves and empowered to “do more.”
You are the superstar we are looking for if…
- You have a strong knowledge base and are passionate about learning
- You are flexible and resilient when faced with challenges.
- You are often described as caring and a great listener by your friends and family
- You are organized, proactive, and forward-thinking.
- You are a motivated “self-starter.”
- You enjoy working with others, listen intently, and aren’t afraid to voice your opinions to make something better.
- You have high standards for your work and are open-minded about ideas for improvement.
What you will do:
- Job includes teaching weekly movement classes (as well as simple choreography) to children ages 2-5. A dance background is a plus but not required.
- You will collaborate with our other preschool teachers to continually develop an optimal curriculum that teaches age-appropriate life lessons through simple activities, dance, and play.
- Provide feedback to parents about the progression of their child and communicate this to the directors as well.
- Also expected to attend rehearsals and studio events as an active team contributor.
- Be able to teach classes between 4:15-6:30 pm – and/or one morning a week.
- Have a high level of patience with both preschoolers and their caregivers. A gentle personality and strong classroom management skills.
- Have a strong ability to communicate and teach our syllabus, be organized and creative, be enthusiastic about teaching and working with children, and have a passion for advancing the growth of our students,
- Have a warm and caring nature, SMILE, and be enthusiastic in the classroom.
- You must have a stand-out work ethic, a desire to work as a team, and a drive to grow as a teacher and mentor.
- Applicants do NOT need to have a dance background – but must be willing to learn simple techniques and terminology to teach in class.
This role is for someone who is looking to grow inside our company. If you have additional skills in other styles of dance, customer service, sales, or marketing there will be PLENTY of opportunities to grow with POD! No two days will be the same!
If this is YOU-
1. FIRST…. please fill out our application by clicking HERE – email your completed application to email@example.com